Travel Outside US


United States Citizens Traveling Outside the US

As of June 1st, 2009 the rules governing travel abroad have change.

Traveling by Land or Sea

All U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry are required to have documents that comply with the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI), most commonly a U.S. passport, a passport card, a trusted traveler card such as NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST, or an enhanced driver's license.

image001 image003


Where to get a Passport

Traveling by Air

All U.S. citizens including children must present a passport or other approved travel document when entering the United States by air. U.S. citizens can present a passport, NEXUS card at airports with NEXUS kiosks, U.S. military ID with travel orders, or a U.S. Merchant Mariner Document when on official business.


If you are planning any foreign travel please visit the following Web sites for the most current information.